Sunday, May 11, 2014

How I: started paying for apps and extentions

Living with a professional coder, a very dedicated software engineer, can be demanding on a soul. It's hard to let them be in their zone when all you want to do is touch their genius, because that's the thing that you love most about them. He had me at C#.

So, living with a software engineer, watching him sit in front of the computer the whole day, de-bugging, fixing stuff that I know nothing about has made me appreciate all the apps and extensions that I use on my Chrome, Android and all these fancy things that I adore. 
I know the work that goes into it. I don't necessarily understand it but I see the sacrifices that come with it, frustration, desperation but eventually always victory. 

I used to think that the world is mine for taking, I was entitled to have it all handed to me. Why should I pay? A small app doesn't look that impressive but if you stop for a minute and realise how many keyboard strokes, lines written, strategies thought out went into it you'll soon find yourself in a world that you, an average user, can't even come close to understand.

If you see something that you like and it's free, install it. If what you saw you liked and installed actually works and it works really well, then do reward the creator. It's not an easy job, trust me. Find a way to contribute as much as you can!

-Schrödinger's meow



0 comments (+add yours?)

Post a Comment